Without further adieu...


...I'll continue to write as if a months-long hiatus from this blog never took place. My lack of a camera (stolen) for a while led me to believe my untrained writing would not be enough to make this worthwhile. Moving on....

We're in the heart of winter in central PA, and it has never been more evident. The past few days have left us with nearly a foot and a half of snow on the ground outside.

The exceptions to my indoor-only lifestyle these days are:
- Walking Val
- Grilling
- Walking to class
- Skiing, but lift lines around here aren't really worth the runs you get

Other than that, the only things we can do to remind ourselves that, during certain parts of the year that aren't so far away, life emerges from winter. My fly-tying station is set up on my desk, and the goal of that is to imitate certain life that emerges from winter, hopefully at the beginning of next month.





Shortly after the spring emerges, I'll be traveling to the Great Smoky Mountains for some fly fishing and a little hiking if we have time. Right now I'm focusing on tying some patterns that will hopefully land some large wild trout. Thinking of this has helped me get through some of the rougher parts of not only winter, but school.

Val thinking about how much more fun it is when it's nice out....


Hectic doesn't do justice to the laundry list of tasks at hand each day with my final semester of school. My thesis study, the electrical and lighting systems for the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, has given me quite the headache. Mainly due to the fact that the systems were already designed very effectively by the company I'll be starting for in July, BR+A.

This means moving to Boston, which I'm very excited about. However, in the mean time, more reflection on the good things here in Pennsylvania are necessary...



And it's still cold in Boston, and that doesn't help with the bloody noses.... First one of the season today.


Comments

Popular Posts