An hour on the vise

Chose to spend a little time on the vise this afternoon. Didn't have the materials for some nymph patterns I wanted to tie, and it's been a while so I avoided smaller mayfly patterns. Caddis help me regain some tying confidence, and I was glad to spit out some productivity at the vise this afternoon.

Last weekend I lost 5 or 6 of my last caddis patterns. I broke one off on a fish. One hit some brush over a cutbank. Two got sucked into rapids (and a down tree) at the tail end of a calm pool where some 20" rainbows were paying me no attention. I broke an ant off on the dog as she was swimming across the stream out in front of me, scaring off fish per usual.

I had a nice fire going the previous night, but it was no match for the cold. I finally built a platform for an air mattress in the back of my Land Cruiser, but the air mattress deflated, making for an uncomfortable night. If I head back out there this winter, it'll be well worth it to get a motel.

Comments

Popular Posts