Good people

Certain times I find myself nearly embarrassed that I have not realized the situation in which I exist at that given moment.  These situations arise almost certainly from the people surrounding me, and I do not show enough gratitude.  Many of these people I've come to know since moving to southwest Montana just happen to have boats.  Rafts, drift boats, jet boats... all vehicles for getting closer to trout. 

With the upper Madison River clearing up recently, and a healthy dose of antagonizing comments about working on a Sunday from friends (the same 'good' people), I decided to join them for a float.  Since one of those good people, who also happens to own the aforementioned raft, is a little slower-paced at getting ready for fishing than the rest of us, we were booking it through Ennis late Sunday afternoon en route to our put-in.

Lots of medium sized rainbows on Sunday


We hastily stopped and got a number for a shuttle, then called to no answer.  We left a voicemail, left my keys in the gas cap with $30, and crossed our fingers.  Over the two hour float, there were plenty of fish in the boat, and a couple nice ones lost.  The more amazing part was, when we came to the takeout, the truck was sitting there.  Apparently, good people run the shuttle service.

The truck, at the takeout, luckily


Comments

Popular Posts