and so it begins

Summer is coming to a close, and as evidence to my general boredom I've started a blog out of curiosity. This public journal format should help me get some feedback (as well as analyze it myself) on mountain biking and general ideas.

So, here goes nothing...

I started mountainbiking about four years ago. Last fall was the first time I raced, and it's brought some new challenges to the forefront. Getting into shape has been the biggest challenge and accomplishment. I've done two races this summer: The WVMBA #11 Valley Falls Challenge and the WNYMBA 6 Hours of Power. The latter was a little rough after a night at the Ellicottville Brewery and a few other local bars.

However, despite getting serious about training, it's never more fun than when you can go out and get a good ride in with some friends you haven't ridden with in a while. After work today a couple friends, Mike & Garrett, came over and we took out from my house for North Park. I've discovered some trails there this year that I never knew about in high school. Mainly due to the fact that I ride to the trail now instead of driving. We did about 15 miles and some meatloaf & scalloped potatoes hit the spot when I got home.

Comments

Popular Posts