training sucks...

..so instead I'll think past what's going to be my toughest cycling challenge, yet, next weekend. The God's Country Marathon is a 50 mile endurance race starting at Ski Denton near Ulysses, PA. I went up to Denton once in high school to ski and stayed at a hunting camp near there. I'm sure it's amazing during summer. Enough of that, though...

In two weeks I'll be getting my fix on the west coast. My dad, brother, and I are heading to Astoria, OR to do some Chinook fishing and my dad and I are getting in some backpacking. Today we talked about some possible routes in
Olympic National Park. I managed to combine a couple routes, the Enchanted Valley & the Duckabush River, from a guide book he bought. It looks like we'll be doing just over 30 miles in two days before we start the fishing. Shouldn't be too bad and we'll catch some amazing vistas.

Right now our main concern is balance between good tasting food and how much it'll weigh. We got by fine on dehydrated WalMart meals and Instant Coffee when we were in Glacier 3 years ago.
At the end of the days, though, we were definitely suffering. It looks like Jeff Kerkove had it right on his website, but he wasn't backpacking there...I don't think.

Comments

Popular Posts