Slump buster...

Friday, like today, I was yearning to get out of the office a little early to ski.  While that was far from possible today, I managed to squeak out the door at 3pm Friday.  I might've been able to get one chair at Bridger, but there was value added in heading directly to the Gallatin for some fly fishing.  I grabbed a handful of rubber legs and crayfish patterns at Troutfitters, and took off for the lower.

A foot long from the Gallatin.

It took until the second run, but I finally managed to hook up on the swing.  The last three times I've been out fishing I've been skunked.  I think that had only happened one other day since I moved to Montana, eighteen months ago.

It was definitely cold out there Friday, but a fish early in the day (as the day relates to fishing) warmed me up from the start.  One other fish made the same mistake but slipped the hook when he came to the surface.  Then a whitefish came to play near the end of the outing, and the dark settled in.  Then starts another Friday evening of taking off waders in the parking lot at the 406 brewery. 

Comments

Popular Posts